Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Message for Washington Dulles' Baggage Handlers...

So, I'm back from our tour of the States. I'd like to say it was fun, but it was just tiring really. Our only day off was on a parkway named Trumbull. Fortunately I stayed in bed with a hangover until 5pm then ate enough sushi to kill a rikishi. So yep, the drink problem continues.

I should add I managed to throw up in yet another airport and spent almost 2 hours prostrate in the departure lounge. So, a 9-hour flight and a 3-hour bus journey later, I was understandably pissed to discover that my external hard-drive had been misappropriated from my luggage.

All my photos from previous tours- Vegas, the Rockies, Denver Colorado, Chicago, Boston, the whole of Germany, France, Holland, Japan. Not to mention every photo taken of my girlfriend and our time together, my niece's christening, Christmas. To bring an end to the list, if you can remember any of the photos I've posted on this blog, it's now the only record of their existence. Deleted at the touch of a button and sold for a bonghit. Mother. Fucker.

Yes, I should have been more careful. But you can only carry so much as hand luggage, and my priority at check-in was not throwing up all over the floor. Again.

It could have been far worse, of course. I have been known to carry the tour cash in my suitcase. One idiot did carry personal cash in his case this time. Needless to say, it's gone. As we are a group of almost 100, it's probably not a surprise to say we get robbed everytime we travel.

But should it be this way? Is it not enough to be robbed by the airline at the ticket-purchase stage? Do we also have to be physically robbed by their employees?


So yeah; fuck you, Washington Dulles, and fuck you Lufthansa. Thanks for charging me for eighteen hours of my life and stealing countless memories from me into the 'bargain'. And that's not me; The Man in Black said that. I'm just passing on a message. And the message, in case you missed it, was


FUCK YOU

No comments: