Monday, November 3, 2008

New Developments

The Thompsonator has news. I'm in Australia. It's not as warm as you'd think. I'm dodging the barbers for a while. I'm getting hairier in general.

However, all that is filler. I have real life-changing news.....

I've got Take That tickets!!

No, not really. Some would say it's a miracle it hasn't happened before now. I always thought it was due to the fact that I used to eat those bits of metal that rattled around in Tippex pens at school. That and all those naughty chemicals and toxins I used to dump inside myself. So I was pretty surprised when my girlfriend's tummypains revealed this...

So there you go, dear reader. I am standing on the edge of the cliff. The closer we get to the big day (April 20th; look it up, morbid fact-fans!) the more excited (and the less financially stable) I get. I never expected to get so involved in testing out which pram-frame can be folded with one hand whilst powdering a baby's bum with the other and looking cool in the process. Seriously, if you haven't looked at prams lately, you'll be surprised at the technological advancements. It was like Back to The Future. But with really helpful Mumsy shop-assistants.

I've kept a lid on it, so as to avoid spilling the beans to people I had a chance of seeing before they bumped into me and my lady, looking like we'd just stolen one of those fitness-balls from JD Sports.

Fucking good fun, they are.

So, yeah, time to grow up. A little bit. I may not act like it all the time, but I know this; I'm having kids with the right person and I only hope she can put up with me.

1 comment:

michael sean morris said...

Congratulations to you both!