Sunday, January 18, 2009

Is the nightmare over? Can I get up now?

So, that guy who runs that country, you know... He made a big speech, said he'd be retiring to Texas with all that bailout cash his government gave "to the banks". He did the little quotation marks. Was gonna buy Marilyn Monroe's and Joe DiMaggio's corpses and make them do stuff. For his amusement, like.

But no-one paid any attention to that because there was a 'miracle' in New York. The miracle being, I suppose, that the stuff airline companies tell you to do in the safety booklet may actually save lives, rather than just reassure nervy passengers. I'm one of the many who've stopped looking, pretty certain that if we hit water, or terra firma, I'm going to fucking die.

Anyway, I don't want to pour water on the skills of the pilot or anything, and it's great that no-one was injured or killed. So well done, 'Sully'. Nope, what's pissing me off today is this...

WTF, people? If this was in The Onion, I'd be laughing. As it is, I'm just shaking my head. You could elect Jesus as president, and the rest of the world will still laugh at you. Behind your back, obviously. No laser-guided night-vision wedgies for us, please.

1 comment:

michael sean morris said...

Yeah, this attitude bothers me too... Rather than designing an engine that prevents bird strike, it's kill kill kill.

And no - the nightmare's not quite over. He could still do lots of sleazy shit right up until Tuesday morning, so cross your fingers and pray (secularly, if need be).