Sunday, January 18, 2009

Public Service Announcement

I started a long-winded post about this, but some things are best kept short....

Be very wary of medication given to you while in foreign countries.

I had bad stomach-ache yesterday. Last time I had intestinal pain this bad, I was hallucinating that there were rocks in my bed and my mam thought I was going to die. Really.

It's the degenerate chemical dustbin in me, but all I saw was '500mg' as the paramedic dropped two of these badboys into my clammy mitt.


In my broken German, I understood 'take one now, and the next one in an hour'. I ignored the stifled laughter as The Devil's Red Cross sloped off, presumably to give a kitten an enema.

So, I popped it out of the packaging, weighed up the waxy bullet in my hand (alarm bells should definitely have been ringing at this point), bit it in half and gulped it down with a swig of camomile tea.

Am I a hero or an idiot?

2 comments:

michael sean morris said...

Whoops!

Daniel said...

Whoops, indeed. I didn't expect to get my Christmas Dinner-table story so early in the year, but you don't look a gift-horse in the mouth. Or the ass, actually..